Thursday, January 03, 2013

The year of skinny, fit, and healthy

I am really kind of nervous about this post. To state it simply, I need to get my butt back in gear. The holidays were not kind to my waistline... at all. My weight hasn't really changed, but I've lost some tone and gained inches (or perceived inches) around my waistline, which is where I hold my weight.

The reason I'm nervous is because of "the" picture that we'll get to in a minute. I needed some severe motivation, and this is it. I'm putting it all out there. I'm posting a picture of me in my bikini.

So, here it is:


My primary trouble zone is my stomach. I would definitely like to slim down to have a more feminine shape, toning can come later. My secondary trouble zone are my upper thighs, which could using some toning and slimming. As of now, I'm relatively happy with everything else, but wouldn't mind losing a few extra inches here and there.

I actually forgot to weigh myself this morning, but the last time I weighed myself (approx. 1 1/2 weeks ago) I was at 138lbs. This means that I have gained 4lbs. since I reached my goal last spring.

Current weight: 138lbs.
Goal weight: 120lbs.
The plan: As of right now, I plan on watching what I eat more closely. As I mentioned in my weightloss journey post, for my height and metabolism, I can only eat approximately 1,000 calories/day to lose 1lb./week.  This month, I plan on doing Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred (which I have gained results from in the past). I will take rest days on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. As I progress, I will be incorporating different workouts. I hope to be running again by this spring. I am also going to talk to my doctor about getting me started back on my blood sugar medication because I feel as though my blood sugar levels are a little off. This will definitely help with my metabolism and cravings.

Do you have any tips or suggestions? Or do you have a weightloss goal of your own? I would love to be buddies, if you do!

I tried to lighten the mood... did it work? Hehe.



5 comments:

  1. the benefits of putting out current, real pictures of yourself is that it keeps you honest and motivated. or it does for me anyway.
    i work out every single day now & my current favorite thing is using blogilates with cassey ho. she's awesome and does tons of free online videos and she's so cute and fun and tough. i highly recommend her for either all your workouts or for supplementing when you need a little more or to work on a specific area. here's a link to her site. there's a button close to the top left where it says "workout videos" and that will give you lots of options. http://www.blogilates.com/#sthash.nZYhobBx.dpbs
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to do a post like this but haven't been brave enough yet. Bravo to you! You are beautiful, by the way, but I totally understand the want to do it for yourself. Although it's simple and popular tip, drink a lot of water :) I also think that small portions of something can be better than depriving yourself of anything that way you won't overindulge later (at least, that's what I do hehe...chocolate cake! chocolate cake!)Love your blog. Just came across it today and am now a networked blogs follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. I'll be joining you not to lose weight, but to get fit. These pictures aren't as bad as you think they are. You have a great body shape. From one pear to another. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anestazia, thanks for stopping by my blog :) Well done on taking such a huge step for your health, I feel proud for you. I'm not an expert, but I just wanted to mention that I've read a bit about nutrition and fitness and 1000 calories a day might not be enough. I think the minimum you should aim for is 1200 otherwise your body goes into starvation mode and will start trying to store the fat rather than shedding it. I'm not telling you what do to do, just a concerned word :) The best way to lose weight is gradually, and it looks like you're on the right track. I've used 'My Fitness Pal' which is an app and website that is free and allows you to track your calories throughout the day, I've found it really useful for keeping track of what I've eaten and how much exercise I've done (and how many calories I need to replace that exercise deficit)
    Good luck on your journey, I wish you the very best :)
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for commenting! I have a really small frame and am less than 5' tall, so 1000 calories is actually plenty for me. But I did just start using My Fitness Pal not too long ago, and so far, I really like it! Before, I used Lose It and really liked that, but My Fitness Pal seems to be a little more user friendly.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails