Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Empties review {la base pro}

I have another Empties review for you all! It's pretty pricy when you run out of all your products at once. I've been doing a lot of these empties reviews lately... and I have more coming!

So this time, I want to talk to you about Lancome's LA Base Pro. It is a smoothing make-up primer. I purchased mine from Elder-Beerman for $34 or $36, but it's listed on Lancome's website for $42. Who knows, maybe I payed $42. But the selling point for me, besides loving Lancome's products, is that they had one of those gift with purchase bags that Lancome sometimes does. By making a qualifying purchase, I was able to receive a free lip gloss, eyeshadow quad, mascara sample, and a couple of skincare samples.


Here is what I though of this particular Lancome product: It is my least favorite of any of their products I have tried. I honestly could not tell the difference between this primer and any other primer, and even that I had a primer on. I used this with that Cargo foundation that I didn't like, and this did nothing to prevent oxidation. I actually asked the sales person about it before purchasing. For me, using a primer to control my oily skin is the key aspect. Although its formulated for someone who is normal to oily, it may work better on someone who is on the drier side... it had that nice velvety feel to it.

Pros: None that I could find.
Cons: Pricy, especially when no real benefit was found.
Repurchase: I have already repurchased another primer by Neutrogena for a fraction of the cost and that is actually formulated for oily skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails