Saturday, January 05, 2013

Closet Essentials

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to "build an essentials closet". I tend to buy a lot of the similar items in varying colors or a lot of more outrageous items.

What I tend to do is get obsessed with something.. For example, my current two obsessions are sweaters and boots. And then, when I go shopping, this is all I will buy and I now officially have five pairs of boots. I'm not going to lie, they're all super cool, but how in the world did I end up with five?!

The "essentials" are boring. At least until I need one of them, then I get stressed out.

To complete my resolution, I decided I needed to make a list of what I think those essentials are. Clothes that I could survive with if that is all I had, everything else in my closet is just "fluff".
After I made this list, I realized I wasn't really that far off. Here is what I still need:
  •  White Oxford Shirt
  • Chambray Shirt
  • Colored Skinny Jeans
  • Khaki Chinos
  • Snow Boots
  • Basic Black Dress
  • Maxi Dress
  • Short Formal Dress
  • Mocassins/Loafers
  • Long Necklace
  • Stud Earrings
  • Sequin Article of Clothing
  • Animal Print Article of Clothing
How did I do? Did I miss anything?
How are you doing according to this list? 

1 comment:

  1. I think you've covered just about everything :) I wrote a post like this a while back too, once you have your staple pieces getting dressed for any occasion is so much less stressful where everything can be dressed up or down. If you're looking for long necklaces definitely have a look on ebay, I have so many from there and they were really inexpensive :) x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails