Monday, January 14, 2013

Beauty review {nyx super skinny eye marker & jumbo eye pencil}

I am pretty excited to do this review...! I am doing this on a couple of NYX products. The reason I am so excited is because this is the first time I have ever used NYX products and I have heard such good things about them.

I am doing this review on their Super Skinny Eye Marker and their Jumbo Eye Pencil in cottage cheese. I ordered these two items myself from Ulta's website. I usually don't order makeup online (I really think its something you need to do in person) but I figured I would be pretty safe with eye products.

Super Skinny Eye Marker
I purchased from Ulta's website for $8.99.
 
I have really been into cat-eye eyeliner lately. Before, I was using my e.l.f. gel liner and some black eyeshadow, but it seemed to me that an eye marker was really the way to go. I watch a lot of beauty gurus on youtube and it seems as though most recommend using eye markers.

I took this opportunity to try one of NYX's products and I am thoroughly impressed! The super skinny marker is only offered in black, which I think is great for a basic cat-eye. I have used it everyday since I received it (Wednesday, I think?) and I haven't had any major issues. It is long-lasting and is really easy to apply. I do have to be conscious of wiping my eyes, because it will smear if I do, but this is the only instance that I have found it to run... otherwise, it will last me from when I put it on around 7:30am until when I take it off around 10:00pm.

My only complaint is that the lid is the same size as the tube, so I am unable to slide the lid onto the opposite end of the pen while I'm using it. This is really just an inconvenience to me, because I am afraid I will lose the lid.


Jumbo Eye Pencil
I purchased from Ulta's website for $4.49.
  
I purchased this pencil in the color cottage cheese, which is a shimmery white. The reason I wanted this product was to add some light in the inner corner of each eye. I have really dark circles, especially in the corners, and I haven't had much luck in finding a product that will cover them or brighten the area in general. Before, I have tried using light-reflecting concealers and white eyeshadows... with no luck. I had never tried in eye pencil for this purpose, but I really like the result! 

This eye pencil is nice because of the fatter tip, so it is really easy to apply in the corner of your eyes. All I do is kind of rub it in a liner vertically on each inside corner, and then I'll use my  to blend the edges. I've found that as long as I don't touch my eyes the rest of the day, I'm good to go. Sometimes, I forget and its gone... but that is to be expected.  


Makeup Monday

2 comments:

  1. Great review, I am loving that jumbo liner. Ive been on the lookout for a shimmery white one. I'll have to give this a try! :-)

    Thank you so much for linking up to makeup Monday! Hope to see you back again next week too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE adding a bit of white on the inner corners of my eyes too! It just kind of wakes up my eyes and helps deter people from looking at the massive bags under my eyes.. ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog so that I could find you!!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails