Tuesday, January 01, 2013

My new year's resolutions

I have put a lot of thought into what I want to accomplish over the next year. I'm getting to a point in my life where I really want to grow as a person. I have a lot coming this next year that I am very excited about, so I feel like this is my year! I need to make it even better by accomplishing some goals... So, here are my 2013 resolutions.
  1. Become more fit/healthy. Well duh! Of course this is a resolution of mine. Especially because the holiday season has not been kind to my waistline. I really want to focus more on exercise and eating healthy, not just eating low calorie (the method I used to lose weight this previous year).
  2. Build an essentials wardrobe. I see posts on other fashion blogs and on Pinterest of closet essentials. I have a lot of clothes I like... but there are a lot of items that I should have, but don't. i.e. basic white oxford. I never buy these items because they are boring to me... until I stress out that I don't have them. 
  3. Save money. Another one of EVERYONE'S resolution list. Except, I am horrible about saving money. It's like I have this gene in my body that makes me spend every last penny I have. I want to try a new way of budgeting my money. Plus I have a big vacation this spring to save up for. 
  4. Take more photographs... with my camera. I don't know where I got this fear of taking pictures with my friends. I don't have a fear of my camera. Then, when I do take a picture, it is with my camera phone. I have a perfectly good camera, and I need to use it. Even more, I would like to get a nicer camera, so this is kind of like practice for me until then.
  5. Put more work towards my school work. I am not done with classes until the end of the summer. This past semester, I was slacking bad. I really need to put more effort into my education instead of just getting by.
  6. Keep a more put together home. I don't like feeling as though my house is cluttered all the time. I would like to put more effort into completing tasks around the house, as well as more deep cleaning and organization. 
  7. Build more meaningful friendships. A lot has happened with my "friendships" this past year. Needless to say, I spent my New Years Eve around many people, but no close friends. I would really like to build my current friendships so they are rock solid. 
 So, now that I've told you my goals for the next year. Please tell me, what would you like to accomplish in 2013?

1 comment:

  1. your resolutions sound a lot like mine :) Good luck, and I hope you had a fantastic new year x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails