Saturday, July 24, 2010

Wrapping things up and Get ready for the future!

Wow! This Friday Friend's thing was awesome! I made so many new friends and I just can't wait to learn new things from them! I also want to thank all the people who checked out my blog and all my new followers! This is so awesome and I almost can't wait until next friday!! But until then...

HOKAY!

I think I just want to use this post to kind of sum things up and clean my slate.  I have a couple remedies that I've tried that I haven't reviewed for you yet, and I would really like to do so.  Plus, I have a lot of things that I would like to preview for you for future posts!  Its just so exciting!


I got bored at work.  My computer was acting all funky, so I did a system restore.  What better way to spend your time while you computer fixes itself, than to take pictures of yourself!  Actually, I wanted to show you guys my hair.  I hadn't done this with my hair yet, although I've been wanting to for awhile.  My bangs are just now long enough (before, I'd have little pieces sticking out).  Does it look okay though?  I'm still not positive that I like it... and I didn't feel like doing anything with the rest of my hair.  Haha.

Moving on...
Let's go to the Reviews

Olive Oil Make-Up Remover
Awhile ago, I wrote this awesome post on the wonders of Olive Oil (I've gotten a little lazy ever since).  One of the things that I said you can do with Olive Oil is remove your makeup. (I was going to put the link, but blogger and I aren't getting along right now and it wanted to make everything I typed afterwards, a link.. so to check it out, just go to the right of this article and under "homemade product remedies" is a link that says Olive Oil).  

So today, I woke up (I work 3rd shift so it was about 4pm when I woke up), and my super adorable boyfriend was stopping by after work, which would have been soon!  Overall, I wasn't too scary, except for the eyeliner and mascara that smeared (I was a bad girl and slept with my makeup, tsk tsk!).  I'm out of my wonderful Josie Maran Cleansing Wipes, so I decided to give this Olive Oil thing a try.

I put a little on my cotton pad, not much.  And proceeded to wipe around my eye area.  I had to be careful though, the Olive Oil did a good job of smearing my eye makeup and not just removing.  But overall, this did get the job done and I was happy with my results.  Plus, the Olive Oil is super moisturizing, so it has to be good for the skin around your eyes, right?  What kind of eye makeup remover has that kind of moisturizing properties?

Cucumber-Mint Mask
Just like before, to get this and more cucumber recipes, go to the right and click on the link under "homemade product recipes" that says "cucumbers". 

So first off, let me just say that I didn't do this recipe just as the instructions say.  I wanted to use my cucumber and just didn't have all the ingredients.  (The beauty of homemade recipes!!)  I did have the mint leaves or the lime essential oil.  But let me just say, I wasn't too entirely thrilled with this product, and I don't think it all had to do with the fact that I didn't have those products.  I think my first mistake was that my blender was in storage, so I used the food processor instead.  This wouldn't have been an issue but the cucumber was in chunks instead of being pureed entirely.  The second was that I just didn't like the watery consistency of this mask, although it would have helped if I had a facial mask brush and not just my fingers.  

This mask had the cooling results that's nice for summer, because of the cucumber.  But the skin tightening wasn't the greatest, and that's what I was really looking forward to.  I think I'll just stick with the egg white and lemon juice mask.   

I thought I had the Egg White & Lemon Juice mask on my blog, but apparently not, because I couldn't find it.  So, I didn't plan on posting any remedies, but the opportunity presented itself.  

Egg White & Lemon Juice Face Mask
This mask is pretty easy to make... all you need is 
  • 1 Egg White, beaten
  • Juice from half a lemon (about 1-1.5 tablespoons) 
Mix these two ingredients together and apply to face.  Leave on for about 20 minutes and then rinse.  Use this after cleansing & toning, and you'll get one application from this mask.  You don't want to save extras because of the raw egg.  This mask will help with any clogged pores and really just tighten up your skin and your pores.  You'll feel the egg whites dry on your skin and everything will just feel tight.

What's coming in the future...

New Weekly Special!!!!
Lately, I've been doing a lot of product reviews and not so many home remedies and I really want to get back to the diy stuff.  So, in helping myself to do this, I want to do a 10-week special on Women's Top 10 Beauty Complaints.

We all have them... What do I do about my acne?  Or my oily hair?  Or my dry, cracked feet?  Or my brittle nails?  That's the point of beauty regimes right?  To enhance what's already good and fix what's bad (so you can enhance it!)

The point of this special is for me to find out what YOU want to fix and then I want to provide natural and holistic ways to do so... no beauty products.  I want you to be able to do this straight out of your garden or kitchen.

I'm going to do a little research on what these are before I start posting, but I would love to hear what you would like to manage about yourself (Do you have dry hair?).  So please, in my comment box, leave your suggestions.

A Little More of What's to Come
I also have a few ideas on other posts that I want to write in the near future.  What are your opinions?
  • Mineral Oil & Petroleum in Skincare Products  
  • What's in My Make-up Bag
  • Good or bad?  Commercial Natural Beauty Brands (The Body Shop, Aveda, Arbonne, etc.)
  • Summer Beauty from the Garden
  • "Green" Hair Removal
To Finish this very long post, I found an article that I thought was kind of funny & informative at the same time... Check it out!!
Top 10 Beauty Mistakes Made by Women 

Okay, so leave me your comments.. I want to know:
  1. Does my hair look okay?  Do I look like a Lauren Conrad Wannabe? (I'm only kidding... you don't need to tell me what my hair looks like. :P )
  2. What is your top beauty complaint about yourself?  If you could change one thing, what would it be?  (Ex.  Mine would be that I would clear up my acne)
  3. Are the possible future articles something you would be interested in reading?  What are your ideas for articles I should write?  What do you want to know?
 xoxoxo!

6 comments:

  1. I love the LC braid - it looks great on you! I sadly cannot do this so I ahve to wait till a talented friend comes over! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm following you back!

    I love the look! I think I would be more inclined to actually do my hair if I didn't have two small babies in the house! LOL But who knows! I might give it a try! :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for all of the great information!
    I am a new follower from Surfin' Saturday, so glad to have found your blog. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Eloise
    Mommy2TwoGirls
    http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newest follower from Surfin' Saturday. I hope you can come see me at www.hootiebee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by - I really appreciate it! I think your hair looks super cute. I'm really interested to know more about commercial natural beauty products. I use a lot of Arbonne and Aveda but I think that they might not be as good for your skin as they say! Looking forward to reading more!
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and informative post!!! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails