Sunday, July 11, 2010

Rite Aid's Rite Weight

I don't know if you've noticed, but Rite Aid has their new Wellness + Card.  I decided to go ahead and sign up for one, because I love to save money... Well, I received my card in the mail because I signed up online as opposed to in a store, and I decided to go on the website and look around at some products because I'm going to have some things to pick up soon, such as vitamins. 

So, I log in... and I notice in one of the sidebars, there's this thing called Rite Weight.  Rite Aid has a weight management program?  Hmm... I went ahead and put in my information and I think I like this better than all the other weight management programs out there. 

I was using SparkPeople there for awhile.  I did like it but I didn't... I like that it was helpful in that it would tell you exactly where you should be for pretty much any nutrient.  So, I don't remember what the exact numbers were, but let's say that they recommended for your weight that you get in between 30 and 50 grams of carbs a day.  So you enter exactly what you ate that day (and so many people are registered that you can find just about any food product, and if you can't, you can enter it yourself), and then at the end of the day you submit the information and it tells you how you did. 

So, this was pretty good... but it was a hassle to enter everything (especially when you actually cooked a meal with a lot of ingredients...like when I made a calzone with a lot of veggies inside) and they had all this other stuff that I didn't find beneficial in any way.  Spark point for example!  These things are, in my opinion pointless.

Okay, well this post isn't about SparkPeople, its about Rite Weight.

This isn't as interactive as other sites that I've noticed... There's a pdf file for you to print off your own daily log.  On here you can write down your meals and daily activity, etc.  They also have another page with what you should eat daily.  So, let's use protein for example.  The guide says that you should eat some form of protein with every meal.  This includes Meat/Poultry, Dairy, Seafood, and Vegetarian sources.  The guide will also tell you approx. how many grams of proteins and carbs are in each of these, by weight.  So that's probably the only downside, I don't generally weigh my meat before cooking it (not that I even eat meat, anyways...). 

They also give you a menu guide, but this is only a guide... Not something rigid like other weight-loss plans.  The site also has a frequently asked question section and a lifestyle test you can take.  If you take the lifestyle test, be prepared to enter your waist measurements and such... I was expecting questions more like "How many hours of cardio do you get a week?", not "What is your waist measurement in inches?" and such.

Another thing that I like about this is you're not able to enter your goal weight.  Not being able to enter your goal weight will lean towards more realistic results.  I'm 5' and almost 160lbs.  I would love to weigh 110lbs, but at this point in time, that is entirely unrealistic.  They give you a 10-week goal of losing 10% of your current  weight.  And you're able to update this on your own, as you weigh yourself.  I entered my beginning weight as 157lbs, therefore, my goal in the end of 10-weeks is about 140.  This seems doable.  And then the more weight you lose, the harder it is going to be to lose large amounts of weight.  Therefore, this makes more sense than me stating at the beginning that I want to look like a twig at the end.

So, I just wanted to share this because I'm sure if you're in the market to look for weight-loss assistance, Rite Aid wouldn't be your first choice.  But if you're interested in checking it out, go ahead and click here.  & Good luck on your weight loss goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails