Thursday, July 15, 2010

Toothpaste Update & My Love For The Farmer's Market

Toothpaste on Mosquito Bite Update
So, my last post was about toothpaste and mosquito bites... that sounds appetizing!  Hehe.  I just wanted to give you a little update on how that worked out for me, in case you were interested in trying it out for yourself!

Like I mentioned before, all of my mosquito bites were on my feet and they were just driving me insane!  It was impossible to ignore these things!!  After doing some research, I decided the answer to my itching problems was toothpaste.  Which it did...at first.

Eventually, I had to get up and walk around.  This was fine and dandy, until I remembered that dried toothpaste is sticky.. and it was on my feet, that I use to get around my house, where I have a black lab, who sheds.  Do you see where I'm going with this?  I looked down at my feet and as I had been walking through the house, I was picking up dog hair & dirt on my way!  My feet were black!!  Of course I needed to wash all this gunk off!  So, I went into the bathroom and with a wash cloth, tried to gently get this stuff off... and all this did was irritate the bites and they began to itch once again.

But, since it had been a couple days since I had been bitten, the bites started to go away (and I would like to think, with the help of the toothpaste).  So they really didn't bug (no pun intended) for too long after I washed my feet off.

Moral of the story:  Be prepared because this stuff is sticky.  I don't recommend for use on feet! Hehe.

Oh Farmer's Market, Let Me Count The Ways In Which I Love You
I was in the kitchen, preparing a tasty Tomato & Mozzarella Sandwich , when it hit me... The Farmer's Market is tonight!!  Now, I'm broke!  And I'm currently living at home... (feel free to read April's blog posts if you're curious as to why).  So, I asked my mom for a couple dollars to run up there.  She told me if I brought her 1 zucchini, I could spend the rest of the $5 she gave me.  Perfect!  

I go up there, and its mostly squash.  I don't really know how to cook or do much with squash, so I tend to stay away.  Squash reminds me of fall time; and fall reminds me of pumpkins; and pumpkin reminds me of Jack-O-Lanterns (not eating).  Its just the way my brain is wired. Anyways... first table I went to, they had Zucchini, 4 for $1.  She said I only had to bring her one, so I decided to be nice and bought two.  I then walked down to browse and see what all was available.  I live in a small town, so the Farmer's Market isn't anything huge.  I notice a table with cucumber.  I don't like cucumber raw, but I figure there's something I could do with it... they're 3 for $1 but the nice lady went ahead and let me take 4.  I went back to the table where I bought the zucchini because they seemed to have the most variety of produce.  There, I purchased a head of cabbage, a bag of green beans, and some strawberry rhubarb jam.  Yummmmmy.. 

I think that's quite a bit of produce for only $5!  I'm still not sure what to do with it all though, especially the cucumbers... BUT, I know how cucumber has cooling properties, so I might use one to make some sort of skin treatment.  And my mom reminded me how people put cucumber slices on their eyes (I had completely forgotten!!)

Soothing Summer Skin Refresher with Cucumber!


This is a great suggestion on one way to use cucumber for your skin!  
It was posted by Positively Splended, and I definitely suggest you check it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails