Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Josie Maran

I am beginning to really love Josie Maran Cosmetics.  If you don't know about this cosmetic line, walk into any Sephora store and take a look into their natural cosmetics section (its not labeled, but everything is usually together).

Josie Maran is a model who really cares about natural beauty and helping the environment.  Such an inspiration!  Her cosmetics line has won numerous awards.  Now, I did just quickly read an article on treehugger about how unnatural their line is.  You can check out that article here.  The reason they say so, is because there are many synthetic ingredients, including petroleum based ingredients.  And I agree, they are listed right there on ingredients list, but there are also many natural & organic ingredients as well.  Its your decision.  In terms of "quality", though, you can't deny that these products can hold their own against many of the best.

I should mention that she is an advocate for argan oil, and it is used in a high majority of her products.  Argan oil is extremely good for your hair and skin (especially acne prone skin).  Argan oil doesn't leave that greasy feeling on your skin that other oils can, and it is absorbed quickly.  Awhile ago, I had a hair stylist use MorrocanOil brand argan oil on my hair and it made my hair so super soft.

I should also mention that the plastic for many of her products are made from biodegradable plastics...  This means that there are a number of products that are made from compostable plastics.  This is great, because its always such a waste to just through away empty makeup containers.

The product website has a wealth of information, and so do your own research at Josie Maran Cosmetics.

Okay, so I have two products by Josie Maran... both of which I love.

 Josie Maran Concealer
The first is her concealer.  This is one of those products that are infused with argan oil.  The reason that I like this so much is that it is so thick.  I don't like concealers that come off as soon as you put on your powder.  This one will not budge and it will not hold more color from other face products, like some other concealers do.  I went ahead and plugged this product into cosmetic database and found pretty good results.  They rated this product at a 3.  I went ahead and figured out the average on my own, because just by looking at the results, their ratings seem somewhat high... and I came up with a 0.75.  (I really need to look into this more, why their results are so high).  This is a pretty good result!  The price isn't too bad, at $21... but I definitely feel this is a high quality product that is worth the price.


Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes
One things I truly appreciate in cosmetics, is a good cleansing wipe.  I hate washing my face outside of the shower, and its not good to sleep in makeup... so cleansing wipes are the answer.  And Josie Maran makes my FAVORITE (with my second being Korres Pomegranate Wipes).

These wipes also contain argan oil.  And they are super gentle on your skin.  I've tried some cleansing wipes that burn as they go over your skin... and these feel great.  And they smell great, its a very light scent that you won't mind.  But anyways, the ingredients to this product were a little harder to track down, and I'm really not sure why.  This had me a little concerned... But I managed to find them on amazon, and the result was a 2, according to cosmetic database's standards, and a .83.  I will say that there was one ingredient that was unknown to cosmetic database, and that was Stearyl Isononanoate.  


These wipes have a pretty good pricetag as well, at $12 for 30, or you can buy 8 wipes for $6.   Oh!  And some of the proceeds of every sale go towards helping to save polar bears. 

Josie Maran's Youtube Channel
This was my original inspiration for this blog post.  I was on youtube this morning, and I stumbled upon her youtube channel.  Her channel has a variety of videos, from specials to product profiles to tutorials to recipes.  I checked out one video on a Lavendar Mist w/ Argan Oil.  Check it out below.  



For this recipe, you by no means have to go out and buy her argan oil.  You could really use any oil... Olive Oil, Almond Oil, or Jojoba Oil are some good choices.  If you're not sure where to get these, your local healthfood store should have them, or you can order them from online.  Or, I've even found them (as well as some more common essential oils) at GNC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails