Friday, July 16, 2010

Cucumber Kick!

Okay, so now I'm on a cucumber kick!  It is almost 4 am and I have a few minutes here at work to share some of the cucumber remedies that I have found for you!

Cucumber is really one of those awesome ingredients because it is so versatile.  According to Disabled World, cucumbers have the same amount of hydrogen as your skin, and this is why it is so great.  Also, the cooling wonders of cucumbers do amazing things, as well.  I think this is because when things get cold, they constrict... But I'm not positive if that's why cucumbers work for your skin.

I'll try to write an entire article on why cucumber is so great for your skin.  But it is 4am, and I'm tired... I'm not going to lie.  Its hard for me to think.  So, I would just rather share these awesome remedies with you, so you can get to work.  Let's see that radiant skin!


We have to start with a classic:
Take your cucumber and make 2 slices.  Lay down and place these over your eyes for about 15 minutes to reduce puffiness and lighten dark circles.  Its that simple!  You can also lay a warm wash cloth over the slices to open up the pores.  Just a useful suggestion!

Cucumber-Mint Mask
  • One Egg White
  • 1/2 Diced and Peeled Cucumber
  • 1/2 teaspoon Lime Juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon Mint Leaves
  • 1 Drop Lime Essential Oil 
Blend all ingredients until smooth and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.  Apply to skin and rinse off after 20 minutes.  Can save (refrigerated) for up to 2 days.
eHow.com

Cucumber & Honey Toner
  • 1 Medium Cucumber, peeled and diced
  • 2 Teaspoons Honey
Blend cucumber into a puree and then strain through a cheesecloth to retrieve juice.  Mix honey with the cucumber juice.  Can save (refrigerated) for one week.  Apply to skin after cleansing.
Buzzle.com

Cucumber Hair Mask
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Egg Shell's Amount of Olive Oil
  • 1 Peeled Cucumber
Blend all ingredients (I suggest cubing the cucumber before blending).  Apply to hair and leave in for 10 minutes.  Rinse and shampoo as usual.
Homemade Beauty Recipes

Cucumber Facial Mask for oily skin
  • 1/2 Cucumber
  • 1 Egg White
  • 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
  • 1 Teaspoon Mint
Blend all ingredients and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.  Apply to your face and leave on for 15 minutes and then rinse.
Recipe Gold Mine

Cucumber & Lemon Toner
  • 1 Cup Witch Hazel
  • Juice of 1 Lemon (about 1/4 cup)
  • 3 Tablespoons Coarsely Chopped Cucumber
Sanitize a glass bottle by dipping into boiling water.  Pour all ingredients into bottle (including chopped cucumber).  Let sit for two days and then remove cucumber chunks.  Refrigerate between uses.
Recipe Gold Mine

Cucumber Eye Gel
  • 1/4 Cucumber
  • 1 Ounce Aloe Vera Gel
Puree the cucumber in a blender.  Strain out the juice into a bowl (you'll need about 2 ounces of juice).  Mix with the aloe vera gel and add some of the cucumber puree.  Apply under the eyes after cleansing.  Use within a couple days and refrigerate between uses.
Spa Index

I hope you get some good ideas on how to use your cucumbers!  I'm excited to try the Facial Mask and the Eye Gel!  Enjoy and let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. Great tips. My cukes should be ready soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! It's amazing that you can do so much with cucumbers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love natural remedies and masks and beauty products. Great recipes...thank you for sharing! I love cucumbers!

    Thanks for linking to Tickled Pink a couple weeks ago...I took a little (unexpected break) but I am back!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails