Friday, July 02, 2010

Geesh! I Hate Split Ends!

I'm sitting here thinking... "I need to get my hair trimmed, I'm starting to get split ends horribly".  I hate this feeling, when you just KNOW you need to get your hair cut because the ends are going crazy and your hair just doesn't want to lay right because its getting too long.  I'm trying my hardest not to cut it because I'm trying to grow it out.  Oh, and I don't even have the money to get a hair cut right now... So, I'm going to have to figure out a way to style it and treat my crazy ends!

I love the internet & how you can find anything, so easily.  All I did was put "homemade treatment for split ends" and got tons of hits!  I love this first one from She Knows Beauty & Style.  

Something that I kind of already knew that I noticed in this article is that, EGGS ARE GREAT FOR HAIR!  The protein is great for strengthening the individual hair shafts, and with strength, you get the moisture & shine that everyone wants to achieve.

  • This first one, I could already make because I have all these ingredients in my kitchen (or my shower) already.  Its a Honey & Oil Treatment... 
          Its 1 tablespoon honey, 1/4 cup of Olive Oil , and 2 egg yolks.   You cover your hair (obviously!) and   let it sit for 45 minutes.  When you're ready, jump in the shower into COLD water, rinse, and shampoo as usual.  
          You want to use the cold water because this will constrict the hair shaft, allowing all these great nutrients to be trapped in the hairs.  When you use hot water, this opens the hair shaft.

  • While I have all the ingredients for the first one, this second one seems like a real treat and great for summer!  This is the Orange & Banana Treatment.  It sounds like a smoothie for your hair!!
          You'll need 2 ounces of orange juice (if you don't know how to measure ounces, use a shot glass!  A shot glass can hold 1.5 ounces of liquid... 1 and 1/3 shot glass of orange juice?  Don't worry about getting measurements exact, that's part of the glory of making this stuff at home!), 1/2 banana, and 2 eggs.  Mash everything, mix it.. do whatever... And then apply it to your hair.  Wrap your head in plastic wrap (attractive, eh?) and let it sit for 30 minutes.  Then rinse with cold water and shampoo as usual!
         Another good idea is to hit your head with a hair dryer while its in the plastic wrap.  This will open up the hair shaft (see above) and make it better for the smoothie to penetrate and do its magic!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I am also new to blogging so welcome. First I have to comment on your hair as a stylist for over 20 yrs it is so important to cut your ends even if you are trying to grow your hair . Just dont get to much cut off. If you get a trim of a 1/8 or 1/4 every 8 weeks you will still be ahead. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the sweet comments on my bathroom remodel. I love the internet for finding out about things too, but while these tips may help prevent split ends, I'm thinking the only way to get rid of them is a slight trim. I like your background.
    Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great information... I will most definitely be using the honey & oil treatment on my wickedly dry hair. Great start Stacey!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails