Since the holidays pretty much screwed up my blogging routine I had going on (and my shift change at work! hehe), I decided to take part in the 11 in 2011 hosted by Teaching in Heels & A Step Into My Life. Here's the prompts, if you're interested as well:
Day 1: New Year Resolutions
Day 2: Favorite Holiday Memory
Day 3: Favorite Work-Out Tips
Day 4: Best Leftover Recipe
Day 4: Best Leftover Recipe
Day 5: Places You Hope to go this Year
Day 6: Best Organization Tricks
Day 7: Favorite Memory of 2010
Day 8: Favorite Healthy SnacksDay 9: Favorite Things to Do on a Cold Winter Day
Day 10: Favorite Girls Night Out EventDay 11: What are you Looking Forward to in 2011
Today is the first day of 2011 (Whoot! Whoot!) and therefore the first day of the project! So what are my 11 New Year's Resolutions...
- Lose 20lbs. by April 15th, which is my 23rd birthday. I'm only 5' tall, so gaining these 20lbs has really made my figure balloon and I would like my self confidence back. :)
- Find a better job. One that involves a desk job, 40 hours a week, benefits, and being paid more than minimum wage. I can see that happening!
- Fix my credit. I have a lot of small bills that have really destroyed my credit. 3 accounts are in collections for less than $300 and I have one at $1500. I would like to, at the very least, pay off those 3 small ones and apply for maybe 2 credit cards to get my credit back in good standing.
- Buy a new car. This is going to be the result and motivations of #3. I've had mine for four years, and I would really like a new grown up car.
- Move into my own home. This is going to be the result and motivation of #2.
- Create more interesting and difficult crochet projects. I've done some neat ones, such as can coozies, fingerless mittins, and a lanyard... but I they were all relatively simple and basic, and I would love to venture out more. Besides, one of my best friends is having a baby, so the perfect excuse to venture out of my comfort zone!
- Eat Healthier & Eliminate Soda altogether. This is going to be the most difficult. I don't think I necessarily eat unhealthy, I just eat a lot of the same things just because its what is there. Like, I'll go through an egg phase where I eat tons of omlets and scrambled eggs and such. Soda is also going to be difficult because I'm a Sierra Mist junkie!
- Begin paying off my students loans. I'm by no means out of college yet. I'll be getting my Associate's this spring, and then I'll begin my Bachelor's... & who knows if I plan on getting my Master's (We'll cross that bridge when we come to it). But I do have a $12,000 private loan from the one year I did at Ohio University... and with interest, it has grown to almost $19,000. So I would really like to begin paying it off.
- Begin crafting more. I have a few things that I've started and stopped and they have all been relatively simple. ...Like my lamp that I spray painted and will post as soon as I find a lamp shade I like.
- Get back in touch with my friends. I have a lot of friends that I really haven't seen lately due to how busy I have been and all the stress I have had the past couple months. I really miss them. :(
- Continue having a wonderful & healthy relationship with the love of my life. I would be lost without him.