Today's prompt is my favorite workout tips. This is something I really need to take to heart. ...But here it goes!!
- Exercise in the morning, to boost your metabolism for the day.
- Wear appropriate clothing. This usually doesn't include cotton, because then your clothing will absorb and retain moisture (a.k.a. sweat). Check out companies such as Under Armour, especially if you're a runner.
- For bigger muscles, you should do less reps with heavier weight. For nice, long, lean muscles, do more reps with a small amount of weight.
- Make a pact with yourself to exercise everyday. If you just don't feel up to it, force yourself to go for at least 10 minutes. I can almost promise you that then you'll be motivated to finish your workout.
- This is something I learned in my anatomy class. Let's say you're a runner and you can run 5 miles no problem. No shortness of breath or anything. Try doing 5 miles at a higher altitude where there is less oxygen. Doing this can really strengthen your lungs.
- Eat carbohydrates before your workout to increase energy. Eat protein afterward to repair your injured muscles.