Thursday, September 16, 2010

What Kind Of Sick Person Would Burn Down A Children's Park?

So, I'm pretty upset...

When I was in, let's say about 3rd grade, my town built what all of us kids thought was the coolest park ever. Granted, its probably not the coolest park in the United States or ever built.. but for out little town, it was downright amazing.

I was there on opening day. I saw them cut the ribbon and everything. The only thing I remember about that specific day was some guy doing a flip as he was jumping off the swing next to me. I thought it was the coolest thing ever! I have so many good memories of playing at that park as I was growing up.  Even as an adult, I still go...

Well, last night, someone caught it on fire... purposely. All of my memories, down the drain... Now the kids of my town won't have a place to make good memories of their own. Its just really hard, and from what I can tell, most of the people about my age are taking it pretty hard. A lot of them have kids that they won't be able to take there and they all have memories of their own that they have made.

What is the purpose of burning down such an iconic image? Not only are you getting yourself in trouble with the law, but you will also have the entire town after you. I just don't understand... And it makes me so sad. It almost feels like losing a loved one... :(


Credit
R.I.P. Imagination Station... You Will Be Missed

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails