So first & foremost, I would try to eat a banana everyday. Then you won't have to worry about your potassium levels getting too low. You should especially do this if you get runner's cramps.. I promise, it will help.
Bananas also have a ton of other nutrients that will really benefit your skin, hair, and nails.
- Everyone knows how much I love a good PreConditioning Hair Mask. You can make a variety of hair masks with bananas. A really good one to try is to mash 2-3 ripe bananas and mix with about 2-3 tablespoons of honey. Wet your hair and then apply this mask. If you have a shower cap or plastic wrap that your can put on your hair, do that. You'll want to try to create some heat, so it could be beneficial to zap it with a hair dryer. After 30 minutes, jump in the shower and rinse, then shampoo and condition as usual. After doing this a few times, it should really improve the overall texture of your hair.
- Bananas are also beneficial if you have blemishes skin, because they are soothing to your skin. You can make a quick mask by mashing a ripe banana and mixing with 1 tablespoon milk, pinch of nutmeg, and a tablespoon of oatmeal. Apply to your clean face and wash once its dry.
- They're also quite moisturizing. Put them to the test by applying them to your dry, callused, and cracked feet. Leave the mashed banana on your feet for about 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water and then again with cool water. It should help soften some of the dry spots.
- You can also try a moisturizing face mask made with just bananas and honey. Mash 1-2 bananas and add some honey, I would recommend 1 tablespoon. Apply to your face and then rinse after 10 minutes. It should really moisturize and also brighten your complexion.
- Why not make a hair mask that can also be consumed as a smoothie?! Blend one banana, 1/2 of an avocado, a couple chunks of cantaloupe, and a couple tablespoons of plain yogurt. You can also add some vitamin E (which is also edible) to the mixture if your hair is very damaged. (You can either purchase vitamin E liquid from a health food store or break open a vitamin E capsule). Apply to your hair and put on your shower cap or plastic wrap and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Then rinse, shampoo, and condition like any other PreConditioner.
- Bananas are so amazing that they also have anti-aging qualities to them as well! And it really doesn't get much easier than mashing a single banana and applying it to the skin. And then just rinse after about 20 minutes. You will love your skin after this.
Beauty Cosmetic Guide: Home Remedy for Dry Skin
Beauty Tips: Benefits of Bananas
Livestrong: Natural Home Remedies for Damaged Hair