Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fox Run Soaps Review

Hey everyone!  Sorry its been awhile!  I've been an awful busy girl!  But I have some exciting news... I made my first every Etsy purchase on Thursday.  I actually put in an order from two different shops, and I've already received one order.  The other, I'm still waiting to be shipped, but you can expect I'll have a review from that order as well.

Hokayy... My first purchase was from Fox Run Soaps.  I purchased two products from them.  The first was Hard Cider Shaving Soap, and the second was Cocoa and Shea Butter Soap in Yuzu.

Credit
Hard Cider Shaving Soap
I don't think I've ever shared this before, but I absolutely hate shaving.  Part of the reason is because, as a girl, its expected that I shave my bikini area.  Now, I don't need to give into social norms, but this is a preference of mine as well.  (Body hair is gross...).  That area on me is just so sensitive and I'm constantly breaking out when I shave.  I have tried absolutely everything, and to this day, I have had luck with only two things... The first thing that prevented me to break out was Olive Oil, but it was so hard to shave over that I don't know if it was really worth the effort.  The second is this soap.  Granted, I've only used it once, but I have had no reaction so far!

So, a little about this soap... Its a Cocoa & Shea Butter Soap that is made with Woodchuck Raspberry Hard Cider... aka, beer.  The scent is considered Raspberry, but I just don't really feel like their scents are very noticable.  Anyways, the hops in alcohol is supposed to be really good for your skin and hair, and its antibacterial (which is why it would make such an amazing shaving soap).  My skin felt really moisturized, even after shaving (although a lotion is still a good idea!), and like I said, I haven't had any breakouts since shaving the most sensitive area of your body to shave, and that's saying something!

Cocoa & Shea Butter Soap
Credit
This really was your typical bar of soap, made with cocoa and shea butter.  Both are very moisturizing, so this soap definitely isn't drying to your skin.  The Yuzu scent is supposed to be a citrus-y smell... more specifically mandarin, tangerine, lemon satsuma, and ruby red grapefruit.  The same as with the other product, I couldn't really smell it.  Alex on the other hand said that he could, it just wasn't very strong.   

Overall...
I'm really happy with my purchase, except for the fact that I can't smell the citrus in my soap and that was the exact reason as to why I chose it (I enjoy citrus soap in the morning to wake me up!).  What I was the most impressed with, was how quickly I received it.  I put the purchase in Thursday evening and I received my package Saturday morning.  How great is that?!   Also, I was really excited to see that they sent me two more shaving soap samples.  I was a little disappointed that both samples were for shaving soap, but I'm not complaining!  The reason why I was most excited though, was because I almost ordered a bar for Alex because he enjoys beer (trying new beers, and what not... ) and then I decided not to order it at the last minute.  So, when I saw the samples, I knew right away that I was giving them to him.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails