The reason I liked this recipe is that you can truly make it with things you already have at home. We had some bananas that were too ripe to put in the breakfast bar at work, so I took those home with me, and everything else I already had. I hope you enjoy! (Oh, and check out the website above for some great variations.... from peanut butter to Kahlua!)
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- Mash your bananas, and then mix with the melted butter. A wooden spoon works really well for this.
- Add your sugar, egg, and vanilla; mix.
- Add your baking soda and salt; mix.
- Add your flour last, and make sure to mix well.
- Pour into two mini loaf pans until pan is 2/3 of the way full. If you have enough extra batter, you could always fill a third loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about an hour. (I started at 25 minutes and kept adding time in 10 minute increments. I'm not positive the exact length of time, but I would say it was about an hour)
- Let cool before slicing.