Wednesday, August 04, 2010

"You Had A Bad Day. You're Taking One Down. You Sing A Sad Song, Just To Turn It Around."

Let me Begin... It's been a long couple of days.  Yesterday was just a bad day, and yes... I'm going to tell you all about it.  But that is my excuse as to why CSI Beauty has not been posted yet.  I was planning on finishing it up yesterday at work, and just due to a number of factors, I wasn't able to finish it.  Tonight hopefully, so it should be available for you to read Thursday mornings.  Continuing...

I Should Have Known It Was Going To Be A Bad Day When...
I was a bad girl.  I fell asleep with the tv on.  I do know for a fact that I fell asleep with the tv on the Lifetime Channel.  When I woke up yesterday morning, It was on CMT and there was a Carrie Underwood song.  Anyone that even knows me, knows that I DO NOT listen to country music.  I have no idea how the tv was turned, the remote was no where around me and its not like I sleep with anyone else...

And then it was shower time,
When I got out of the shower, I was in my towel, kneeling in front of the sink to get my stuff from underneath.  I started to lose my balance, and so I rested my hand on the cabinet door to steady myself, when the entire door fell off!!  Oh, and that meant I ended up falling straight back (...in my towel).

And the worst part:
I don't know what happened.  Let me start by saying, that if you haven't noticed, I purchased some Lush products the other day.  I got a cleanser, toner, and a moisturizer sample.  I used all three products and then did my hair (which isn't necessarily a quick task).  After, I started putting my makeup on.  First my primer, and then my foundation.  Suddenly, my left eye starts to burn!  And it just kept spreading and wouldn't go away!  I hadn't even put anything on my eyes!  I went to call my boss to tell her I was going to come into work late because of all this, and... oh yeah, my phone had been shut off.  ((The weirdest part, is that a few hours later, I went to put some pressed powder on my face, not around my eyes, because my skin looked so bad, and my cheeks started to burn.  Before, I hadn't even gotten to my powder before!  It just wasn't nearly as bad as my eyes... more like a hot tingle.))

& Work just sucked!
First I get yelled at on the phone because this guy plans this huge event every year that sells out our hotel and then gets mad at me when he calls to make his reservations and can't get the rooms he wanted.  Its not my fault he waits until 3 weeks before to make his reservations!  The internet went out (again!) after being there for only 2 hours.  So, I kept getting yelled at by guests because of that.  A technician was supposed to come out this morning to fix it, but apparently we called them too late to have someone come out last night.

So Overall, its was a pretty bad day...
Oh!  
And not too long after I got to work, I called my mom and asked her to take my baby aloe plant out from outside because it was sprinkling on my way to work.  Yeah, I just noticed today (and a bad thunderstorm later), that she forgot.  So now my aloe plant is sick, :(  and its roots haven't even sprouted yet.

Okay, so...  I need your help.  
  • Please comment and tell me why you think my face broke out like it did.  I am seriously at odds as to why, especially because it did it twice by two different products.
  • And then I also need to know if anyone has any information or suggestions on how to save this poor little aloe plant.  I know its not a hassle to go to work and pick another one, but I would rather not.
  • And then just be patient with me for CSI: Beauty and all the other things I've promised you.  It'll be up soon enough.
Much Love!  xoxoxo

5 comments:

  1. OH. EM. GEE. Sweetheart I am so sorry!! Your eye makes my eyes water!!! I have no idea why it would do that. I can't where foundation cuz it scales all over my seriously dry skin. OH YEA and we moved to the DESERT!!! HA! Your plant just needs a lil TLC and it should be fine. I'm sorry you had such a crappy day. I'm sending you happy good day wishes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you change soap or shampoo/conditioner? Any allergies? So sorry. Keep the area iced when you can! Hope the days get better! (Don't know much about aloe plants ;-( )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poor eye!

    I used to have an aloe plant and it was pretty resilient. I think it you just water it/give it sun, it'll bounce back soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. Visiting from New Friend Friday!

    Your poor eye. Perhaps it was from the new products?

    No clue about the aloe plant. Sorry!


    I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bad day? I am having a bad summer. But, as long as I wake up and my feet hit the ground, I consider myself lucky!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails