Monday, August 02, 2010

My Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

Hey everyone!  I just wanted to share this recipe with you...

Photo from The Roseland Family
Last weekend, my boyfriend & his dad changed my brakes for me, and I really wanted to make them something to show my appreciation.  I was just planning on making some cookies (Because I think I perfected my cookie recipe) but then I found this recipe for Peanut Butter Cups on The Roseland Family's blog.  I thought this would be perfect!!

So, I haven't gotten to try them yet, but I'm pretty sure I didn't mess them up.  Hehe.  ...So here's the recipe:

Peanut Butter Cups
  • 12 ounces of Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels
  • 1 cup Peanut Butter
  • 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon Salt
You'll also need a way to melt the chocolate, either a bowl & microwave or a double boiler; and then you need a muffin tin and some cupcake cups  (either regular sized or mini... I used mini).

First thing that you'll need to do is melt your chocolate.  If you're using a microwave, like I did, just pour your bag of chocolate chips into a bowl and then microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted.

Something that I did that really helped, was afterward, I took the next larger sized bowl in my mixing bowls and poured in about 1 1/2 cup water and then microwaved for 2 minutes to get hot.  Then, I placed the bowl of chocolate inside this bowl, to keep the chocolate from hardening. 

Next, I put all the cupcake cups into my muffin pan.  Once I had that done, I began to spoon chocolate into the cups.  Once I had all the cups done, I used a Mini Tart Shaper from Pampered Chef to push down the chocolate so it created more of a cup shape.

Next I put the whole tray in the fridge.

While the chocolate was hardening in the refrigerator, I prepared the peanut butter insides.  You combine the rest of the ingredients (peanut butter, powdered sugar, and salt) in a bowl.  This was the hardest part, because the powdered sugar didn't want to mix with the peanut butter, but just keep working at it. 

When that was done, I took the muffin pan back out of the fridge.  (The remaining chocolate is still sitting in a bowl of hot water).  I spooned a good amount of peanut butter mixture into each cup.  Once I was done with that, I smooshed (Yes, smooshed...) the chocolate down the the Mini Tart Shaper.

Finally, I took spoonfuls of melted chocolate and poured onto the top of each cup.  In order to help it get flat, I would take the cups out and then just tilt it from side to side and what-not to cover the cups.

Then I put the entire tray back in the fridge for the night (where it is now).  I'll make sure to let everyone know how they turn out!!


I hope you enjoy!
Some posts for you to look forward to:
  1. CSI: Natural Beauty Edition - Skin Whitening & Hyperpigmentation
  2. Aloe Vera - Planting & Harvesting
  3. Mini Lush Haul Review
  4. Origins Eyeliner Review
  5. Neutrogena Review & Venus Bliss Razor
  6. Gaiam Yoga for Weight loss by Suzanne Deason Review
  7. And my usual daily ramblings & blog hops!!

Much Love!  xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. Oh my stars, that looks DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you did a great job! i bet your boy enjoyed them!!!

    i am going to try smooshing mine for sure next time :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails