Thursday, August 12, 2010

I Haven't "Rambled" In Awhile...

...So I thought "why not?"  I'm sure I could figure out something to say!

Poison Ivy for the 1st time ever!
I used to play in this stuff as a kid and never had a problem with it.  But for whatever reason, I has a small patch of it on my knee.  Its not unbearable... kind of itchy though.  But I could understand how it would suck if you were covered in it!  It's slowly spreading though, so who knows how much worse it will get.  I'm sitting at work and decided to look up home remedies for poison ivy, and it just so happens, Aloe Vera helps with that also!  I definitely cut of a leave and rubbed the leaf on my knee, and it did help to soothe the itching.  Hopefully it won't last very long!

If anyone knows some good poison ivy remedies though, I would love to hear them!  Even though its not bad, I would still like to get rid of it as soon as possible.  Maybe I'll do an entire post for poison ivy, and in particular, your remedies... because I know there are a lot of different home remedies out there!

Relaxation...
I want to learn how to relax.  That's kind of a weird thing to say, isn't it?  But I have come to the realization that I don't know how to just relax.  I always have to have some sort of stimulation.  Even when I do try to take a bath, I need to have my itunes on and my phone right next to me.  I can never just escape.  

The other day, one of my boyfriend's friends were massaging my shoulders for me, and I realized just how tense my shoulder's were.  It was horrible, but the sad thing is that they're always like that.  I was in pain because it felt like he was digging his thumbs into me, but he really wasn't pushing down that hard.  & He even asked me why I'm so tense?  I have no idea why.  Is it because I don't know how to relax?  

Please, someone, anyone... what are your suggestions on how to relax?  I know the whole get away, take a relaxing bath, or whatever.  But I'm more looking for, How do I empty my mind to truly relax?  Meditation maybe?  But I don't know if I could just do that!  Helppp!
 
I've about had it with car batteries!
Okay, so what was it, a couple weeks ago?  When I had that allergic reaction on my eye?  Well, yesterday, the battery in my car decided it was going to stop keeping a charge.  And its not just that, but it could have at least picked a better time.  First, it decides to die right as I was needed to leave for an appointment (that was 20 minutes away, by the way)... and then I texted my boyfriend once I got it started, and told him that he shouldn't be surprised if I call him from my appointment because it won't start again.  Sure enough, I get done with the appointment and it doesn't start.  So, I need to buy a new car battery.

Well then today, my mom's car battery decided to go out also.  What is up with that?  Not only that, but it was pouring down rain and it was just one thing after another.  Needless to say, it took us 2 hours to change the battery in her vehicle. 

Please, Keep Me Company
I need you all to keep me company and keep me busy.  The boyfriend is on a family vacation up in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan and he doesn't even get cell phone service.  What am I going to do without him until Sunday evening?  I know its not that long, but its hard to not even be able to talk to him.  :(

 & Now on a Happier Note, I've been FEATURED!
I'll make another reminder later on, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be getting the #2 spot in the It's Friday I'm Hopping Blog Hop!  Even more, she thinks it'll be her last time featuring.  But as of right now, she has written an entire post about my blog and then, like I said, I get the #2 spot in the hop.  Super Exciting.  Go check her out and thank her for featuring me!

What's To Come:
You know how much I like to keep everyone updated on what's coming up.  If you haven't noticed, I posted this weeks CSI Beauty, which was dedicated to Dry Skin.  And then I also posted my review of some new LUSH products I purchased.  Its been kind of slow for me to get everything up, because I've felt so busy lately.  And I'm scared that once classes start, it'll get even slower, but I don't want you to forget about me!  Anyways, here's what you can look forward to...  
  1. Aloe Vera: Beauty Uses
  2. Aloe Vera: Medicinal/Internal Uses
  3. CSI: Beauty- Dry Skin
  4. Origins Eyeliner Review
  5. Yoga for Weightloss DVD Review
  6. Neutrogena Makeup & Venus Bliss Review
  7. Arbonne
  8. Women's Natural Health
  9. Poison Ivy (Maybeee....)
Any opinions?  What are your thoughts?  What do you want to see?  Tell me!  :D  I love to hear what you have to say!

Much Love!!  Xoxoxo  

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the poison ivy. I've not had it either, but I am totally allergic to mosquito bites, and antihistamines help with the itch, like Benedryll (sp)???

    Yoga, meditation, some quiet time listening to soothing music are all tricks I try, but a good massage does help!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails