Wrinkles: A Little Background...
Wrinkles are a result of the aging process. Everyone is going to get some degree of wrinkles, regardless of their lifestyle or genetics. Wrinkles are caused from the wear and tear on your skin. As you age, your skin becomes less elastic, thin, and dry. Some things that can influence wrinkles are habitual facial expressions, sun exposure, smoking, and dehydration. Sun exposure seems to be the number one contributor though, because sun damage actually speeds the aging process.
What Works for Treating Wrinkles
Vitamin C is probably your best when searching for an at-home remedy for wrinkles. Vitamin C is used when producing collagen. Vitamin C is also an antioxidant. The reason sun damage is so bad for your skin is that it the free radicals from the sun are causing damage, and the anti oxidants can stabilize them. So, when treating wrinkles, you'll definitely want to utilize Vitamin C plus ingredients that are extremely moisturizing.
Remedies & Recipes
- 3 vitamin E capsules (poke with a needles and empty the capsule. Or use approximately the same amount if you have a bottle of vitamin E), 2 teaspoons yogurt (plain), 1/2 teaspoon honey, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice. Mix in a bowl and apply to skin. Rinse after 10 minutes.
- Rub coconut oil onto skin before sleeping.
- Either use the center of a pineapple to rub against your skin, or apply pineapple juice.
- Make an egg white mask to tighten this skin. I add a little lemon juice to mine. Just mix together, rub on your face, and rinse off after about 20 minutes.
- Rub pure castor oil on your skin.
Mayo Clinic: Wrinkles
Natural Cures for Wrinkles
Vitamin C for Wrinkles & Skin Aging
Wikipedia: Wrinkle (skin)