Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Weekly Ramblings...

I decided I want to go ahead an do a "rambling" post today... I think I'm going to start doing this once a week, that may be a good idea.  I want Sundays to be my new day of relaxation and reflection, so I think Sunday evening is a good time to just kind of talk... and empty my mind before the new week starts.  We'll see how this goes...

Class Started This Week
This week, like many, was my first week of classes.  The way my college does it, is that classes start Wednesday, and then everyone gets one day of class that first week.  So I started, and so far so well... However, I completely rearranged my schedule, so it will be entirely different next week.  I noticed that two of the classes I registered for were 8-week online classes, which almost spells disaster for me... especially when one is Human Resources Management.  Tomorrow morning starts my 8am Business Law class... oh good god!  Lol.  I must've lost my mind when I registered for that one.... Needless to say, I'm not ready for the week to start and having to wake up super early on a Monday morning, and then going back to work.  I'm enjoying this weekend off thing.

Pear Picking!
My boyfriend's grandparents have two pear trees, and they had so many frozen and canned last year, that they didn't want any this year.  Needless to say, I got to go pick some, and I picked quite a few.  I didn't do much of the picking because we only had one ladder, so my boyfriend climbed up and got most of them... but I did have fun!  By the time we were done, I had to paper grocery bags full.  I had no idea what I was going to do with this many pears!  I know I wanted to make something super delicious.. and maybe find some skincare uses for some.. I planned on giving some away.  But lets just say, my mother had an entirely different plan.  Ugh...

She's freezing all of them.  Thanks, mom... (with lots of sarcasm).  These were my pears and you have decided what shall be done with them.  And not only that, she's freezing them in a sugar pack.  I feel like this is completely ruining the joy of fresh fruit!  By the time I get to use these pears, they're going to be full of sugar!!  I do have a right to be upset, right?  I mean, I told her she could freeze some (not all...) and I assumed it would've been a dry pack, not a sugar pack!!  Maybe I'm wrong about the sugar pack, but I don't feel like I am...

Call Me A Dork...
...But I actually google'd "how to take a bath".  If you remember back a few posts, I definitely posted that I don't know how to relax.  One of the classic ways you hear of relaxing is by taking a bath, right?  So I googled it!!  

On my mission to find the process for the perfect bath, I stumbled upon an etsy shop (not quite sure how that happened...) but I think I'm in love.  My only wish as of right now, would be that they had a bigger inventory.  

I almost put in a purchase, but I decided to wait and see if I had the money.  But they are full of moisturizing bath bombs, so that was definitely going to be one of my purchases.  They also have a solid lotion bar, that reminds me of the massage bars from Lush.  And the prices are so much cheaper than at Lush, at about $2-$3 a product.  

So then, I decided to start looking at more of those types of products on etsy, and it has me worried.  Since I am thinking of starting my own business and selling on etsy, however am I going to stand out?  Does anyone have any ideas for this?  I don't want to be another product in a mass of products.  I understood this when I first began thinking of making my own products, but then when I actually looked at what all they have... and saw how impressive everything is... Ugh!! 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails