Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The hardest thing to do, ever. enough said.

I know, I know. I completely missed two of the weekly posts that I normally do. How come that doesn't surprise me? I should have done those... Its just one of those times when life starts to catch up with you! Music Madness Monday will be back next week, for sure. I had something really awesome planned for Sunday Inspirations, so I'll post something similar sometime this week. Keep an eye out!!


I did probably the hardest thing ever last night. I bought my boyfriend's parents (a.k.a. future in-laws!... maybe) their Christmas gifts.

Initially, I had intended to get them a gift certificate to a local restaurant called Stella Blue. They're definitely one of the best, if not THE best, restaurant in our area. I haven't eaten there (If you don't count the brownie that was given to me. I recommended it to a couple guests at the hotel, and they loved it so much that they brought it back to me. It was amazing), but I know it's my mom's favorite place to eat on special occasions.

His parent's are very family-oriented. And that's a good thing, considering there are 4 kids, with my boyfriend being the oldest. So, I thought the gift certificate would be a good idea so they could have an evening to themselves. But, I kinda-sorta spent too much money on everyone else, and I still have a bill that needs paid. Ugh. So, I had to figure something out. Maybe I should find out when their anniversary is...

I went to Wal-Mart last night on the lookout for an amazing gift that they could share together. Needless to say, I walked around the store for about a half hour feeling like an idiot because I had no clue.

You know that seasonal food aisle they have in the grocery section? That's when I saw it... The perfect gift, ...for his Dad. I definitely didn't think his mother would be nearly as appreciative.

His gift is similar to this one, except I don't recall it
coming with the brush. I thought this would be perfect because,
not only is he an avid beer drinker (not an alcoholic by any
means... just to throw that in there, lol) but he also enjoys
cooking.

So, then I was on an mission to find his mother a gift. My boyfriend wasn't much help, but he did mentione that his mother liked candles, but then again...what woman doesn't. So down the candle aisle I went!

Okay, so I couldn't find the set that I purchased
anywhere! Not even on walmart.com or pauladeen.com.
This is one of her full-sized candles. I bought a
trio of smaller candles, in three different scents.
I believe it was Fried Apple Pie, Creme Brulee, and
Strawberry Shortcake. And then the best part is that
it has her recipes on the back of the box.
How did I do? I think I did okay for my first Christmas with them. And although my boyfriend wasn't much help, he said I did alright... Let's hope they like them!

2 comments:

  1. Nice moves :)
    I don't know them, but I think you did good.
    Also, those Paula Deen candles are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will love them. Good choices.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails