Thursday, June 24, 2010

Yay for Remedies!!

I had a few minutes to spare, so I wanted to update everyone on a few things that I'm working on!  The reason that I have a time right now, is that I just made an ACV Facial Toner, and I'm waiting for it to cool.  Here's why:

ACV Facial Toner Recipe
This is going to have any exact measurements, so go ahead and find a container.  Because I've been using so much olive oil lately, I cleaned out an empty olive oil bottle and used that.  But really, even an empty water bottle would work!  I'd recommend using a clear container though, just so you can see how much you're putting into it.
1/3 Container Apple Cider Vinegar
2/3 Container Green Tea (I'm using Lipton's Cranberry Pomegranate Green Tea because I already had it.  But if you're going to go buy some, go with the most natural you can find, so you're not getting the preservatives and what not.)
  • Heat some water and make the tea like normal (I used two tea bags, so the tea would be more concentrated).
  • While the tea is steeping, pour your apple cider vinegar into your container.
  • After your tea is done, pour it into the container.
  • Put the lid on & shake.
 I went ahead and stuck mine in the freezer to cool it off quicker, because I'm trying to get around, but you could always make this the night before.  Once your toner is cool, just apply to your face with a cotton ball/round.  If this mixture is too strong for your skin, either use less frequently or dilute it with more green tea.

I totally just realized, the tea is red... I'm hoping it doesn't tint my face red either!!  Anyways... what this is good for is acne and hyperpigmentation, which I need help with!  I looked up the ingredients for the green tea (because I wasn't going to put some random tea on my face!) and oddly enough there are no cranberries or pomegranates!  BUT there are hibiscus leaves and chamomile.  Both of those ingredients are good for soothing your skin and hyperpigmentation.  Seems like a good mix.  I'll let you know how it works out!  (and if my face turns pink!!)

Garlic for Your Acne?!?!
I don't know what the deal is, but I woke up this morning, and my skin looked just horrible.  I had prepared a Lemonsugar Facial Scrub to exfoliate my skin, but I went to take a shower and apparently our water pump quit working.  I have my favorite facial cleanser wipes that I use to remove makeup at night, so I went ahead and used one of those as a cleanser.  They are Josie Maran's Bear Naked Wipes and you can buy them at SephoraThen, I got online at looked up acne/spot treatment remedies.  Since I had no water, I really needed something I didn't have to wash off, and I found garlic.  Here's what I did:

You'll need one FRESH garlic clove.  Then all you're going to do is peel it and cut it in half.  Then go to a mirror and rub the cut portion over and around your breakout.  The juices from the garlic is what is going to work against your zit.  If it dries out before you're done, then just slice that piece off and keep going until you're done!  

Now, its obviously too soon to tell if it did any good.. but there was one spot that looked as if the pussy stuff was being drawn out because I didn't notice it before.  As gross as it may sounds, I'm really trying my hardest not to pop it!!

Source:  Ayurvediccure.com: Home Remedies for Acne

And More with the Olive Oil...
I'm still on my olive oil kick.  Yesterday I decided to go ahead and try it on my skin.  I put some on my feet before I went to bed, and then put some socks on.  Then, I went ahead and rubbed it into my hands.  And then took a little and rubbed it on my lips.  My feet, I honestly felt like they were too callused for the olive oil to do any good.  :(  I have horribly yucky feet.  I think maybe one of my next ventures will be figuring out a way to soften those up.  My hands weren't feeling very dry, so while the olive oil didn't hurt them at all, I just feel like it didn't soak in very well either and just didn't notice much of a difference.  But, I did like it on my lips.  The taste may not have been as delicious as Cherry Chapstik, but my lips were pretty soft.  ... I feel like I'm forgetting something though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails