Wednesday, June 23, 2010

GASP!!!

I was planning on doing this whole post on Mineral Oil as my next post.  I felt like my article on Olive Oil was so good, that I didn't want to leave my next one as something bland.  But, I found something just so important that I really just wanted to go ahead and get it up here. 

Body Care Ingredients to Avoid!  The Good Guide's List.

Okay... I'm sitting at work.  I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I work at a Staybridge Suites, which is owned by the same company that owns Holiday Inn.  Anyways, the brand of mini shampoos and lotions that we use is Simply Be Well.  Since they're just sample bottles, I was online looking for the ingredients and came across this website, Good Guide.  I think I'm going to love this website.

They have a chart on the side of the page that I'm on with Ingredients to Avoid and Ingredients that Raise Concern.  Its not a very lengthy list... in fact, SLS's aren't on there at all.  But I wanted to share these ingredients with you.. that way if you're looking at the ingredients on your products, and you see one of these, you know to stay away. 

Here's the list!
Ingredients of Concern
  • Acetone
I think that the most obvious  product that you would see Acetone in, is Nail Polish Removers.  I remember one time, one of my friends was cleaning her nails off with some acetone nail polish remover and laid her dirty cotton balls down on my wood dining room table... and it ate through the table.  ...And that's the stuff we're putting on our nails.  Check out what else the good guide has to say about acetone.
Okay, so I'm not going to list the the ingredients that they're still not sure about.  But on this list are the aluminums, fragrance, and the parabens.  I will proved the link for you here.  I'm sure they have this list officially posted somewhere on their website, but I'm not positive as to where, so this will take you to the page with that lotion on it.  This seems to be a very informative website though, and I'm looking forward to checking it out some more!

Review After Yesterday

So, I'm proud to announce, that my hair is still beautifully soft.  And it was a little easier to style today.  Too bad I didn't have more time to perfectly straighten my hair!  But while I was getting around, my sunburn was bothering me a little, and I had an extra couple of minutes, so I decided to go ahead and try the sunburn remedy that I posted yesterday!  If you wanted to check that out, use this link to be connected directly to the article, and then the remedy is under the Hair/Skin section.  

What I did was I went ahead and mixed a teaspoon of white vinegar with a teaspoon olive oil.  I went ahead and put it in a garden spray bottle that I had empty (being green is about being resourceful!!), so the bottle was obviously way bigger than I needed.  I shook it up and then just sprayed it on my shoulders after my shower.  Boy, did it feel cold!  Especially considering that neither ingredient was in the refrigerator.  The mixture beaded up on my skin.  It looked pretty cool.  I ended up rubbing it in a little because it just wasn't absorbing with those big beads.  My shoulder's haven't been stinging.  And I can tell that the olive oil is still slowly soaking in.  Like, I can still feel it on my shoulders, but they're not super oily anymore.  But not really sure which method I would prefer compared to aloe vera. 

1 comment:

  1. I love all the little tips and how to's you've got on your site. This one is great! I'm a huge label reader as well and I try to share as much of the what not to's with people. I think I'm going to link to this post since I've been thinking about doing another post on the ugly of beauty.
    Great job and looking forward to reading more.

    I came over from green as wee grow.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails