Monday, June 21, 2010

Who Knew? Not Only Is Olive Oil Delicious in Cooking, But Its Great For You Skin! Part 1

So, I was typing this post, when my computer crashed.  :(  I was running a virus scan in the background and there's a certain part in the scan that always majorly slows my computer down.  And when I was trying to close out of the scan, it was just too much (because too much was happening all at once) and it crashed.  So... this first post will have to be shorter than I anticipated, because I do need to get in the shower in a couple minutes.  But don't worry, once I get settled into work, I will post the rest!

In my previous entry, about the Mayo Hair Mask, I mentioned that I really didn't like the results because it made my hair look dirty, even though it was freshly washed.  Now that I'm thinking about it, if you have darker hair, this probably wouldn't be so much of a problem, but I have pretty light hair.  So, I decided on the next try, I would use Olive Oil.  I felt like the Olive Oil would be better absorbed into my hair. 


All I had was Pure Olive Oil.  I'm still doing some research on which is better for this purpose, Pure or Extra Virgin.  I took my bottle of pure olive oil into the bathroom, poured a little into my hands and massaged through my hair.  This definitely spread a lot better than the mayo.  I probably only used 3-4 tablespoons as opposed to the 3/4 - 1 1/4 cup of Mayo.  I can feel my hair absorbing it, especially in the ends where my hair is dryer.  The closer to my roots it gets, the oiler it is, as of right now.  One thing that I have learned in my research is that Olive Oil does take a little longer for the skin/hair to absorb than commercial products.

Well... on that note, I am going to go get in the shower now and wash this out.  Later on tonight I will let you know my results and some other great uses for Olive Oil!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails