Sunday, February 03, 2013

January favorites!

  1. Shine Control Primer by Neutrogena. As you may have now realized (I kind of go on and on and on....), I have oily skin, so I have to be really careful about what I put on my face. If I don't have a good primer, my face will look orange from oxidation by middle afternoon. This one isn't perfect, but its definitely one of the better primers I have used. It actually has rice in it, which does really well at absorbing oil. It is also a creamy texture, so it feels like your skin is eating it up. One of the other oil-control primers I have used and liked was more a layer sitting on top of your skin. Not sure which I like better, but I'm definitely enjoying this primer.
  2. Matte Lipstick Color 101 by Rimmel London Kate Moss Collection. I never really wore lipsticks until this month, when I went crazy and purchased four. I actually looked at this in the drugstore and blew it off. When I got home that night, I was reading some blogs and came across a rave review of this color by Stacey at Beautiful Solutions. Needless to say, it has been my go to color since. The color in the image above is actually a different shade. 101 is a lighter rose pink. 
  3. Bud Light Platinum. Don't judge! :) I am only 24, have no kids, and live responsibly during the week. That means I get Saturday nights to enjoy myself and maybe drink a little too much (sometimes). This month, my drink of choice was Bud Light Platinum. That's really all I have to say about that.
  4. Lucky in Love Body Spray by Layers by Scentsy.  For those of you who don't know, I sell Scentsy for extra cash. They came out with a Layers line that I do use from time to time, and in September they introduced new scents. One of these scents was Lucky in Love with is a perfect dupe for Victoria's Secret Lovespell... but better! I have been wearing this body spray about every other day since I ordered it, and it lasts all day! A new favorite, for sure.
  5. Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow in Tough as Taupe by Maybelline. I'm not going to lie to you... I saw one of my favorite beauty gurus on youtube (Leigh Ann @ leighannsays) use this eye color and I knew I had to have it. I wasn't really paying attention to the video when she held it up, so I thought it was one of the new L'oreal Infallible eye shadows (which I really like!). I got to the store, realized it wasn't, and stumbled upon it, not even realizing it was a cream eyeshadow. I don't normally like cream shadows! However, I am loving this. The shade is perfect, it lasts about all day, and its blendable with a makeup brush. What more can a girl ask for? 

2 comments:

  1. that lipstick is amazing, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love that you added the beer in there! :) Love your reason too (24 and no kids) enjoy it girl!! ;)

    Thanks for linking up to Makeup Monday! Just a reminder next one is a Valentines Day Challenge/theme! Of course you you can still link up any beauty post too! Hope to see you back! (also dont forget to grab a button or link to ad to your post so that others can check back and join in on Makeup Mondays!)

    ~Maria-Isabel
    www.agapelovedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails