Wednesday, January 04, 2012

My Slightly Belated New Year's Resolutions

I'm a little late on this New Year's Resolution thing. I had completely forgotten that people even do that! I've never even really made resolutions before, but THIS YEAR IS THE YEAR!

So, here it goes....

  1. I want to run my first 5k this spring, and more throughout the rest of the year. It's been a long journey thus far, because I really don't think my body is built for muscle (in my Fitness for Life class I took for college, we learned that some people's muscles were built for endurance, other's for power, and the rest for both. I think mine were built for power). Therefore, I want to continue my running journey to be able to finish a 5k by this spring, and to continue growing so that I can do a 10k by next year.

  2.  My second resolution is tied in with the first. I want, I NEED to lose weight. I'm not severely overweight, but I am overweight and I'm having some health issues because of it. ...And my happiness depends on it as well. My goal weight at this point, is 135lbs.

  3. I want to work on making new friendships, and to, overall, be a friendlier person, and more social. I used to be this amazing social person, and I think one of the disasters from a horrible relationship I was in, was my loss of social skills. Is that even possible? If anyone has any advice on conversation, I would love to hear it! Afterall, talking about the weather is for strangers... or so I hear. :)

  4. I really need to start working on my school work. I'm currently working on my Bachelor's, and I was slacking just a bit last semester, which was my first semester. I want to be active in class, and I want to do well and succeed!

  5. The man and I are buying our first house this year (actually this month), and therefore, my final resolution is to be more mindful of my spending habits. 


So there you have it! My New Year's Resolutions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails