Monday, July 18, 2011

Teenage Years: Perfect Skin, Perfect Hair, and Perfect Body. Young 20s: Thin Hair, Acne, and Obesity. Does anyone else see a problem here?

I've been doing some thinking lately. And I really hate what the universe has done to me. During those awkward years, I was really actually blessed. I never really had a problem with acne, I had pretty long blonde hair, and a tiny little figure. Once I turned 20 years old, whatever higher powers there may be must have decided "You were too blessed, We're going to screw with you". And I'm really unhappy with this.

A few of the articles I have read have said that depression is a symptom of of PCOS. I think its only a symptom because of the evil things that are happening to the bodies of women who have this disease. Think about it. We no longer have a womanly figure, we have hair in places that hair has no business growing on a women, our faces have more bumps than the Rocky Mountains, among other things. The only benefit is the fact that we hardly ever have a period, and that's only a benefit until we decide we want to have children... then we're screwed there too.

I'm really praying to God that I will get some concrete solutions after I go to the doctor in a couple weeks. I don't know how much longer I can keep going on with this disease. I don't think I will ever be able to accept my body the way it is, especially when in the back of my mind, I keep telling myself that it is a result for my love of bread and pasta. And buying my clothes is just getting too hard. I would almost rather join a nudist colony.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully the doctor will have some helpful solutions.......

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails