Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My First REAL Goodwill Experience

I was bored yesterday, so I was going to make a trip to Wal-mart, but at the last minute, I decided to go across the street to Goodwill. I had been to Goodwill before, but when I was a kid, it was with my grandma and I was just "Yayy! Shopping!!" and as I got older, it was "Ugh, Goodwill... used stuff..."

I've been thinking more and more about this thrifting thing, and I might be moving soon, so I could use some cheap stuff. 

Well, I walk in, and at first I got annoyed... The people in there have no respect for the people around them! They were just walking in front of you and pushing their carts in your general direction with no disregard that you are standing there. Is this common? Or just where I live? And kids running around like crazy! (But I guess I can relate, because I used to be one of those kids). 

But I did find a few things that I wanted to purchase. And the more I looked around, the more I saw my crafty side come out.
  1. I found a white vase with red stringy-things on it (yes, this is the best way for me to describe it) and then another itty bitty vase that was orange with a hand painted flower and was made in Japan. 
  2. Then a large wicker basket that I thought would be perfect to hold my yarn. 
  3. And there was a few coffee mug holders, so I picked up one of those. I was going to paint it, and find a cute way to decorate it, and use that to drape my necklaces and bracelets on. I think that would have been really neat! I could have painted it white, and I don't know what I would have done to jazz it up! 
  4. But anyways, I also found a really cool shelf-thingy. I don't know what you would call it. But it had lots of compartments and the wood looked really neat, and it would have just been cool to put little tiny pretty things on (maybe that itty bitty vase). 
  5. And there was a tiny lamp, that I planned on repainting. It was like a clay ball and I thought it would be perfect for a bedside table. Not real sure what color I wanted to paint it though, maybe something bright?
  6. I had also found a HUGE mirror that I wanted,  but decided against because it was so heavy that I felt like I wouldn't have been able to use just a screw to hang it.  But I really wanted to clean it and paint the wood (White!).
But, go figure..  I had no clue exactly how much money I had. (Which, besides the mirror, Everything would have only costs $12 and some cents) and my card got declined!  That's just my luck! I'm going to try to go back Friday and see if any of that stuff is still there, but I doubt it. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails